Last Updated May 2018
At Fujichem Sonneborn Ltd [FCS] we are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and never misused.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about any aspect of this policy or how FCS handles your information please email our Privacy Team at email@example.com
Privacy policies can be complicated. We have tried to make ours as clear and as accessible as possible. To help, we have also summarised how we handle your personal information at FCS in our privacy principles below. These principles demonstrate our commitment to protecting your privacy and handling your personal information in the right way and as you would expect it to be handled.
At FCS we:
- Will only ask for or collect the personal information we need to provide and improve the service, products and experiences our customers expect.
- Give you control over the personal information we hold about you to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences.
- Make sure your personal information is always secure and protected.
- Are fair and transparent about how we use the personal information we hold.
- Only ever use your personal information for the purpose that you trusted us to use it for.
- Respect your choices and will inform you if there are important changes that affect your personal information or how we use it.
- Take responsibility for the personal information that we hold about you.
What personal information do we collect?
We are not interested in collecting every personal detail about you. Our main reason for collecting your personal information is to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you and our customers expect from us.
Personal information is defined slightly differently across the world. To guarantee your privacy and the protection of your information, we define it as any information that could be used to identify you or another individual.
We collect personal information from you in a number of different ways; you may share that information with us, or we may collect it using other means. In this section, we explain the different ways we collect personal information from you and some ways in which that information will be used. For more detail on how we use your personal information, please see the section titled "How do we use your personal information?".
Information you share with us
We collect personal information that you share with us when you contact us or interact with us through our website, email, phone or otherwise. You can decide not to provide certain information, or ask that any information you have previously shared is removed. If you do so, you may not be able to take full advantage of our products, technology and service.
For example, you may provide information to us when you contact our customer service teams, place an order, register your warranty, complete a survey, competition or questionnaire and update your preferences and account information. Through these interactions you may share with us: your name, address, e-mail address, contact number and payment information.
Information from your online interactions
What are cookies?
When you use our website we may also use information collected by cookies. "Cookies" are small text files that websites save onto your device via your web browser. They’ve been around since the mid- 1990’s and are one of the most widely used technologies on the internet.
As a user of our products or services, we will send you support communications by e-mail. As long as you are happy for us to do so, we would also like to keep you posted on anything that's happening at FCS which we think you might like to know about; whether it’s our latest product announcements, owner offers or upcoming events, we want to make sure you’re happy with the communications you receive from us. You can find out how to update or change whether you would like to hear from us, or stop us contacting you, in the section below titled ‘How can you change the way that we contact you?'.
How do we use your personal information?
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you expect from us.
Information you share with us
We use the personal information you share with us in the following ways:
- To respond to your queries and requests;
- To communicate with you;
- To provide services and support for our products;
- For customer satisfaction surveys and to allow us to improve your experience should you need support from one of our experts;
- To provide updates to you about any changes to FCS policies, terms and conditions and any other matters which we may need to tell you;
- As long as you are happy for us to do so, to tell you about our other products and services;
- To provide you with essential service updates about your FCS products;
- To customise and improve the way that you shop with us in the future; for example, by showing you products and offers that we think you might like, both on our websites and on certain third party websites (including on social media platforms).
Other potential uses of your personal information
We also use your personal information:
- To assist in any disputes, claims or investigations relating to your FCS product or warranty matters;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions; and
- To comply with our legal obligations.
FCS contact promise
We love to keep you posted, whether it’s on our latest product announcements, owner offers, opportunities to test new FCS products, or upcoming events.
We may do this in various ways, including e-mail, post, SMS, via social media platforms and by phone, but only if you are happy for us to do so.
Ultimately, we want to make sure you’re happy with the communications you receive from us.
We therefore promise to:
- Only send you marketing communications when you have told us it is ok to do so;
- Only allow another FCS Group company to send you marketing communications if you have told us it is ok to do so;
- Never pass your personal information to anyone outside the FCS Group for them to use for their own marketing purposes; and
- Give you the option to stop receiving support or marketing communications at any time.
How can you change the way that we contact you about our products, services and support?
We will only send you marketing communications when you have told us that you are happy for us to do so.
You can change the way that we contact you in the following ways;
Opt-In/Start Contacting Me
If you hadn’t previously asked us to send you marketing communications, you can ask us to start contacting you (sometimes called an "opt-in") by:
- Contacting FCS customer service and stating that you would like to receive communications from us. The contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing your preferences
If you have previously said that you would like us to contact you ("opted-in") but would like to change or update the way that we do so, you can update your preferences by:
- Contacting FCS customer service and stating that you would like to change or update the way that we contact you. The contact email is email@example.com.
Opt-Out/Stop Contacting Me;
If you want to stop receiving marketing or support communications from us (sometimes called "opting out"), you can do so at any time by:
- Contacting FCS customer service stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications. The contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal information does FCS share with third parties?
Third parties who provide services on our behalf
The third parties who provide services on our behalf fall into the following categories:
- Other FCS Group companies which may be located outside of your country of residence;
- Our distributors, who help us to sell our products in certain countries;
- Those helping us to deliver products to you;
- Third parties that help us with mailing services, product services and repairs, processing product purchases, financial services, audit services, administrative services, IT technologies (e.g. data storage), security services and insurance claims;
- Third parties that help us to provide services and responses to you;
- Third parties that assist us with our marketing, helping us to understand how well our online advertising works, to reach people who are more interested in FCS products, by setting cookies on our websites (more information on this can be found in our cookies policy; and
- Social media platforms who serve our advertising on their platforms on our behalf (and who we may securely share your personal information with in order to serve this advertising to both you and/or others).
We may provide links to other websites which are not operated and controlled by the FCS.
We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of those sites or how the third parties responsible for them collect and use your personal information. We do not endorse or make any representations about third party websites.
Third party websites may have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these websites to make sure that you are happy with how your personal information is being collected and shared.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Your controls and choices
We give you control over the personal information we collect about you, to ensure it is accurate and reflects your preferences. For more information on how to change the way that we contact you, see the section above titled 'How can you change the way that we contact you about our products, services and support?'.
You have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. If the law in your country allows us to impose a fee for giving you access, we will communicate this to you in response to your request.
In certain circumstances, you can also:
- object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes;
- ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information;
- ask us to remove or delete personal information about you; or
- provide your personal information to a third party provider of services.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please e-mail email@example.com.
How do we protect your personal information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly. We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled. We also ensure that our staff are adequately trained in protecting your personal information. Our procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we share your personal information with you. In the unlikely event that we do suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your personal information and we need to let you know about it, we will do so.
Data transfers, storage and the global handling of your personal information
FCS is headquartered in the United Kingdom (UK).
We collect personal information in the country in which you live. We then host and store that information in the European Economic Area (EEA). Those third parties that we share your personal information with may handle or transfer your personal information outside of the UK, and outside of the EEA, to other countries in which they have facilities.
By submitting your personal information to us, and by using our websites, apps or connected products, you agree to us transferring, storing and handling your personal information in this way.
you to confirm that you are happy with those changes. We stand behind the commitments we have made. We will never change our policies and practices in a way that will offer less protection for personal information that we already have about you without your consent.
This policy is kept under regular review and was last updated in May 2018.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, or would like to make a complaint about how we use the personal information we hold about you, please email our HR.
If, after speaking to us, you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the relevant regulator or authority in your country that is responsible for handling complaints about the use of personal information.
You can contact our HR Team at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible.