Job Vacancy, Analytical & Paint Test Lab Team Leader – Hainault site
Analytical & Paint Test Lab Team Leader – Hainault site
We currently have a vacancy for Analytical and Paint Test Lab Team Leader working at our Hainault site, to supervise and lead day to day operation of the Analytical & Paint Test Laboratory. To ensure effective operation of the laboratory in accordance with targets for performance and development.
- The job requires good management skills to coordinate a skilled team of chemists backed by methods, equipment and systems. The job will involve both a day to day management of the workflow through the laboratory, and the development of a team capable of supporting the company as it moves in to the next phase of its history.
- The jobholder will actively develop the team to ensure that responsibility for quality testing is devolved throughout the team. Job flexibility will be maximised in order to ensure availability in the laboratory, that appropriate support is available to the R&D and Sales and Marketing team at all times.
- The test lab is developed on a team basis using quality metrics and with a focus both on workflow and resources.
- Using a regular team process the team will participate in supporting the Technology Services General Manager with actions and activities to promote both efficiency improvements and drive down process issues and inefficiencies.
- The test lab will seek to improve and develop techniques to characterise and solve problems occurring in the field. These may result from customer complaints through warranty claims or may just as importantly be support offered by the company to its customers, even if the problems faced by them are not directly due to issues of the company’s making.
- The jobholder will work closely with team members on both paint testing and analytical projects on a day-to-day basis and play a key role in shaping the successful progress of the laboratory into the future. This will include further development of quality systems to include ISO 17025 accreditation.
The successful jobholder will be fully conversant with the following techniques:
- In depth experience of analytical & paint testing laboratory environments and systems.
- Knowledge of paint evaluation concepts including OEM specifications, method documents, statistical process control and method analysis.
- Strong communication and team work skills to be able to interact with all levels of management and customers.
- Advanced computer skills, good oral and written communication ability including formal reports.
- An understanding of management practises.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the requirements of quality standards including IATF 16949. Knowledge of ISO 17025 would be an advantage.
- Prior experience in working in a technical environment in a coatings related industry.
The successful candidate will:
- Good level of IT literacy with the ability to use MS Word and Excel.
- Scientific and Mathematical ability.
- Problem solving skills.
- Be self-motivated and show the ability to be able to manage the team.
- Must have enthusiasm for the task in hand and a willingness to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Will possess good communication skills and the ability to create and maintain good working relationships within the team and with other departments.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team.
- Be able to motivate and lead the team to achieve individual/organisational goals.
- Provide support to team members, including assessing performance, communicating goals and identifying areas for training or/and improvement.
Interested applicants should forward their CV to: Lina Bytautiene, Human Resources Manager